Call for Papers
Posters & Exhibits
are now CLOSED
The Symposium will include oral and poster presentations from scientists and engineers, and exhibits from equipment development and manufacturing firms.
The Symposium organizing committee invites papers, posters, and equipment demonstrations (exhibits) from interested individuals and organizations.
- Nondestructive characterization of wood and wood-based materials
- Evaluation of forest materials for optimal utilization
- Advanced grading technologies for solid wood and engineered wood products
- Condition assessment, evaluation, and repair of existing wood structures
- Condition assessment of historic wood artifacts and structures
- Evaluation and assessment of urban trees
- Industrial application of emerging nondestructive testing technologies
- Other nondestructive evaluation related research and development activities
Abstract Submission: Closed
Submission of Accepted Revised Abstract: April 15, 2019
Full-Length Paper Submission: July 8, 2019
Registration ends: July 31, 2019
Download this template for preparation of the revised final abstract (oral presentations and poster): Download
A full-length paper is required for each oral presentation, to be published in the Proceedings. For adequate preparation, please refer to the Paper Preparation Guidelines. Download
At the conference, each presenter will have 15 minutes for the presentation plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Each poster presenter will have poster board space in a large display room. A poster presentation should include a title, presenter’s name and address, an abstract, key points, conclusions, charts, and tables or diagrams. For adequate preparation, please refer to the Poster Preparation Guidelines. Download
The proceedings will be published in an electronic format by the USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory (FPL). It will contain papers from authors giving oral presentations and abstracts from authors presenting technical posters.
Display tables will be available for equipment developers, manufacturers, consultants, and others who would like to demonstrate their technologies and equipment. A nominal fee for display space is required. Proceeds will be used for the welcome reception. For more information on display space, please contact the conference office (Kongressbuero.email@example.com). Sponsors/Exhibitors