are now CLOSED
The Symposium will include oral and poster presentations from scientists and engineers, and exhibits from equipment development and manufacturing firms.
The Symposium organizing committee invites papers, posters, and equipment demonstrations (exhibits) from interested individuals and organizations.
- Nondestructive characterization of wood and wood-based materials
- Evaluation of forest materials for optimal utilization
- Advanced grading technologies for solid wood and engineered wood products
- Condition assessment, evaluation, and repair of existing wood structures
- Condition assessment of historic wood artifacts and structures
- Evaluation and assessment of urban trees
- Industrial application of emerging nondestructive testing technologies
- Other nondestructive evaluation related research and development activities
Guidelines for Presentations
At the conference, each presenter will have 15 minutes for the presentation plus 10 minutes for discussion. Please use 16:9 format for your .pptx or .pdf file.
Please submit your presentation file to Kongressbuero.email@example.com before Sep 24th or bring the file on a USB flash drive at least one day before your presentation for conference registration. Registration is possible at the Welcome Reception on the Sep 24th and every following morning before the symposium starts.
Each poster presenter will have poster board space in a large display room. A poster presentation should include a title, presenter’s name and address, an abstract, key points, conclusions, charts, and tables or diagrams. For adequate preparation, please refer to the Poster Preparation Guidelines. Download
The proceedings will be published in an electronic format by the USDA Forest Service Forest Products Laboratory (FPL). It will contain papers from authors giving oral presentations and abstracts from authors presenting technical posters.